Friday, June 11, 2010

BREAKING. ''Shy ninja'' Burger le Roux wins the third season of Supersterre on SABC2.

Photo: Dion Cuyler.

You're reading it here first.

CARNIVAL CITY. - Burger le Roux (20) from Robertson is the winner of the third season of the popular SABC2 reality show Supersterre hosted and produced by Patricia Lewis.

Burger le Roux who started singing at the age of 9 and is a qualified sound engineer, wins a record deal worth R500 000 from Sony Music as well as R100 000 cash. More than 2,5 million viewers tuned in for the show the past 12 weeks, making it the number one program on the SABC2 schedule. ''This is a dream come true,'' says Burger le Roux. ''I want to thank Supersterre for the opportunity, my family for their support and the rest of South Africa for believing in me. I look forward to my album,'' he says.

I have the first interviews with Patricia Lewis (read it RIGHT HERE) as well as Burger le Roux (read it RIGHT HERE) on TV with Thinus.