Showing posts with label Neo Tsele. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Neo Tsele. Show all posts

Monday, December 4, 2017

Assault charges against controversial Idols runner-up Mthokozisi Ndaba provisionally dropped - police.


On Monday morning the assault charges against the controversial Idols runner-up Mthokozisi Ndaba have been provisionally withdrawn at the Hillbrow Magistrate's Court in Johannesburg, police told TVwithThinus.

Mthokozisi Ndaba was arrested on Thursday last week with a warning, and appeared in the Hillbrow Magistrate's Court on Monday morning where the charges against him were provisionally withdrawn.

The KwaMashu singer (25) was engulfed in controversy immediately after he stormed off stage two weeks ago when Paxton Fielies (17) was announced as the winner of the 13th season of the FremantleMedia and [SIC] Entertainment produced reality singing show Idols on Mzansi Magic (DStv 161) and refused to attend the post-show press conference.

He remained cloistered in Johannesburg and received help from medical professionals.

The Friday before he flew back to Durban on Saturday the week before last, a charge of assault was laid against him by Neo Tsele (21), who posted graphic photos of her battered and bruised face and accused Mthokozisi Ndaba of hitting her and slamming her against a wall in a Braamfontein flat.

Police spokesperson Sergeant Mduduzi Zondo told TVwithThinus on Monday morning that Mthokozisi Ndaba appeared in court and that the charges have provisionally been withdrawn.

The claim of physical abuse against the Idols star came during this year's 16 Days of Activism campaign that runs from 25 November to 10 December and aims to raise awareness over the scourge of violence against women and children in South Africa.

In a recent survey 1 in 4 women said they've been hit by a man, and 1 in 5 said they've been sexually abused or raped, with only 5% of women saying they feel the South African Police Service (SAPS) would help them if they reported it.

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Mzansi Magic: no contact with Mthokozisi Ndaba after assault charge; Idols runner-up returns to Johannesburg; says don't attack complainant since 'we do not know what issues she may be dealing with'.


M-Net has started to distance itself from the now controversial Idols runner-up Mthokozisi Ndaba facing charges of brutal assault, with Mzansi Magic (DStv 161) saying the channel doesn’t know where he is and isn’t speaking on his behalf anymore.

Meanwhile Mthokozisi Ndaba (25) who has gone to ground with no official statement from him or his management more than 72 hours after a 21-year old woman, Neo Tsele, laid a charge of assault against him following a bloody Friday night fight over a bottle of booze has suddenly spoken out on the “TeamMthokozisi” Instagram account on Tuesday – the first since the police charge three days ago.

Mthokozisi Ndaba says he has decided to fly back to Johannesburg and that people not attack Neo Tsele because “we do not know what issues she may be dealing with”.

“In the light of the current allegations and a case opened against me, I have returned to Joburg again to co-operate with the police regarding the matter. In as much as this has affected me, the craft God blessed me with, the family, friends and fans negatively but let us please let our SA law to handle the matter rightfully.” 

Mthokozisi Ndaba said he’s pleading with TeamMthokozisi and “everyone not to attack the complainant on social media. We do not know what issues she may be dealing with.”

Mzansi Magic over the weekend said it condemns any act of abuse, especially against women.

Neo Tsele opened a case of assault against Mthokozisi Ndaba, saying he beat her up in Braamfontein on Friday night, just days after the conclusion of the 13th season of the FremantleMedia format reality show produced by [SIC] Entertainment.

During a fight over a bottle of vodka, Mothokozisi Ndaba allegedly started to hit Neo Tsele in the face and slammed her into a wall. She also lost a tooth while he ran away, allegedly only stopping his brutal physical attack when her blood started dripping over his fists.

Mthokozisi Ndaba hasn’t done a single media interview since he lost Idols against Paxton Fielies just over a week ago and notoriously skipped the post-show press conference, the first runner-up in the 13 season history of the show to do so.

Mthokozisi Ndaba was supposed to fly back to Durban on Saturday afternoon but Mzansi Magic that was asked on Monday where exactly the Idols runner-up is, told TVwithThinus that the M-Net packaged channel that broadcast Idols is no longer sure of his whereabouts. The channel has been unable to make contact with Mthokozisi Ndaba for over 3 days and counting.

“Based on the social media posts from Mthokozisi we believe he is back home in KwaZulu-Natal,” says Mzansi Magic.

Mzansi Magic was asked of there’s performances or bookings Mthokozisi Ndaba is missing where he has been booked and scheduled to appear.

Mzansi Magic says “once Idols is completed the booking agent generally handles the contestants’ bookings and their diaries so we are not able to comment to any Mthokozisi might have”.

It’s highly unusual for a TV channel not to be able to get hold of any of its on-screen talent or personalities after trying for days, especially during a serious incident that has far-ranging potential for brand and reputational damage.


M-Net: Distancing itself from troubled Idols runner-up
M-Net is now also signaling a distancing between the pay-TV broadcaster and the troubled Idols runner-up who last week canned all media interviews and got treatment from medical professionals following his Idols defeat against Paxton Fielies.

Mzansi Magic now says it has stopped handling publicity for Mthokozisi Ndaba, and told TVwithThinus it only provides PR for contestants once the show has ended for the winner and the runner-up for a week after the show.

Mthokozisi Ndaba’s manager, Kim Coppen, didn’t respond to a media enquiry made Monday over Ndaba and there has been no statement from his management to respond to the allegations of physical assault since the charge was laid at Johannesburg police early on Saturday morning.

Kim Coppen was asked if there’s any comment from his management over the allegations, if there’s been consideration over dropping Mthokozisi Ndaba and no longer representing him, and what his management’s view is of assault and abuse of women but there’s been no response.

The claim of physical abuse against the Idols star came at the start of this year's 16 Days of Activism campaign that runs from 25 November to 10 December and aims to raise awareness over the scourge of violence against women and children in South Africa.

In a recent survey 1 in 4 women said they've been hit by a man, and 1 in 5 said they've been sexually abused or raped, with only 5% of women saying they feel the South African Police Service (SAPS) would help them if they reported it.

Sunday was the International Day to End Violence Against Women.

Police: No arrest yet after woman claims brutal assault by troubled Idols runner-up Mthokozisi Ndaba.


The police says there’s been no arrest yet after a 21-year old woman on Saturday opened a case of assault against the troubled Idols runner-up Mthokozisi Ndaba who has so far remained unreachable by M-Net’s Mzansi Magic (DStv 161) channel.

Hillbrow police station spokesperson, Sergeant Mduduzi Zondo told TVwithThinus on Sunday afternoon “that a case was opened on Saturday morning against Mthokozisi Ndaba and the matter is being investigated. No arrest has been made yet."

The police is investigating a a claim of physical assault after a charge was laid by Neo Tsele (21) after Mthokozisi Ndaba allegedly beat her up in Braamfontein on Friday night, almost a week after the conclusion of the 13th season of the FremantleMedia format reality show produced by [SIC] Entertainment.

Neo Tsele says Mthokozisi Ndaba opened a bottle of vodka and after an argument ensued, started to hit her and then slammed her into a wall. She also lost a tooth while he ran away.

"You brutally abused me, I don't deserve to be beaten up like this by a stranger that I have never even wronged. Why? Why did you do this to me? You will run but you will never hide," she wrote on social media, with an image of her bruised and battered face.
Mthokozisi Ndaba who remained cloistered in Johannesburg the past week after all media interviews were abruptly canned while he received care from medical professionals since he struggled to come to grips with his defeat after Paxton Fielies (17) from Cape Town won the13th season of Idols, was supposed to fly back to Durban on Saturday afternoon.

After posing for pics at the O.R. Tambo airport in Johannesburg with DJ Prince Kaybee, it’s not clear if he actually got on the plane and is back in KwaMashu, or if he is still in Johannesburg.

DJ Prince Kaybee was quick to distance himself from the fallen Idols star, saying “A few minutes ago I posted a pic of me and Mthokozisi (Idols). It just got to my attention about his alleged assault case. I don’t condone such actions against women and apologise if I offended anyone.”

Mzansi Magic said that it has been unable to get in contract with Mthokozisi Ndaba since Saturday. It’s highly unusual for a TV channel not to be able to quickly get hold of any of its on-air talent and personalities, especially during a crisis that has big negative brand and reputational impact.


Silence from Mthokozisi Ndaba
Mthokozisi Ndaba has issued no statement about the alleged brutal assault.

On Sunday Mthokozisi Ndaba’s manager, Kim Coppen, didn’t respond to an emailed media enquiry seeking comment on the allegations of physical assault against Mthokozisi Ndaba.

Kim Coppen was asked if there are considerations to possibly drop Mthokozisi Ndaba following the allegations of assault and what his management’s view is on the assault and abuse of women.

Last week Kim Coppen said Mzansi Magic is responsible for Mthokozisi Ndaba’s publicity until this week.

Nondumiso Mabece, head of publicity at M-Net for local entertainment channels, on Sunday afternoon told TVwithThinus that Mzansi Magic has no new information and has still been unable to reach Ndaba.

Asked if during the past week when Mthokozisi Ndaba was placed under media professionals’ care there was any awareness that the person is troubled beyond what Mzansi Magic, Idols and M-Net understood might be the case, Nondumiso Mabece said “we are not at liberty to discuss the outcomes of Mthokozisi's sessions with the medical professionals as that information is private”.
Meanwhile rumours have started to circulate that Mthokozisi Ndaba was allegedly borderline abuse and rude towards some of the other contestants during their stay in the Idols house. Mzansi Magic was asked if any contestants ever complained about his behaviour during their time in the Idols house.

Nondumiso Mabece told TVwithThinus that “we did not receive any complaints from contestants during the show”.
The claim of physical abuse against the Idols star came at the start of this year's 16 Days of Activism campaign that runs from 25 November to 10 December and aims to raise awareness over the scourge of violence against women and children in South Africa.

In a recent survey 1 in 4 women said they've been hit by a man, and 1 in 5 said they've been sexually abused or raped, with only 5% of women saying they feel the South African Police Service (SAPS) would help them if they reported it.

Sunday was the International Day to End Violence Against Women.

Saturday, November 25, 2017

FROM SORE LOSER TO ALLEGED WOMAN BASHER: Idols runner-up Mthokozisi Ndaba brutally physically assaulted me and ran away, says bruised and beaten woman who lost a tooth.


The troubled Idols runner up Mthokozisi Ndaba has gone from sore loser to an alleged woman basher, with a young woman who on Saturday shared photos and claimed that he allegedly physically assaulted her after which he ran away, saying she also lost a tooth in the violent attack.

"You brutally abused me, I don't deserve to be beaten up like this by a stranger that I have never even wronged. Why? Why did you do this to me? You will run but you will never hide," she says with an image of her bruised and battered face.

The police is investigating a claim of physical assault after a charge was laid by Neo Tsele (21) after Mthokozisi Ndaba allegedly beat her up in Braamfontein.

Neo Tsele says Mthokozisi Ndaba opened a bottle of vodka and after an argument ensued, started to hit her and then slammed her into a wall. She also lost a tooth while he ran away.

Hillbrow police station spokesperson, Sergeant Mduduzi Zondo told TVwithThinus that "a case was opened on Saturday morning against Mthokozisi Ndaba and the matter is being investigated. No arrest has been made yet."

Nondumiso Mabece, head of publicity at M-Net for local entertainment channels, told TVwithThinus is has been unable to reach the star that exhibited  bad behaviour since Sinday when he lost against Paxton Fielies and flew back to Durban on Saturday afternoon.

"Mzansi Magic and Idols are aware of social media posts of an alleged incident that took place on 24 November."

"We have however, been unable to make contact with Mthokozisi Ndaba, who has travelled back to KwaZulu-Natal. Mzansi Magic and Idols condemn any act of abuse," the M-Net run channel said.

The claim of physical abuse against the Idols star comes at the start of this year's 16 Days of Activism campaign that runs from 25 November to 10 December and aims to raise awareness over the scourge of violence against women and children in South Africa.

In a recent survey 1 in 4 women said they've been hit by a man, and 1 in 5 said they've been sexually abused or raped, with only 5% of women saying they feel the South African Police Service (SAPS) would help them if they reported it.

Sunday is International Day to End Violence Against Women.

Mthokozisi Ndaba isn't the first Idols star involved in a brutal physical fight.

In August 2011 the Idols contestant Freddie "Van Dango" Moss was involved in a shocking and violent bar brawl with his face that got smashed in.

M-Net said it would pay for his hospital surgey after he suffered a broken cheekbone and disfigurement to his face since the production's insurance doesn't cover injuries sustained because of drinking.

The controversial Idols runner-up Mthokozisi Ndaba (25) who has now basically wrecked his career, damaged his career prospects as an artist and his brand after he blatantly storming off the stage at the Big Top Arena at Carnival City in the East Rand on Sunday night after Paxton Fielies (17) won.

While Paxton Fielies from Bishop Lavis in Cape Town was announced the winner at the end of Sunday night’s 13th season finale and sang her closing song surrounded by the rest of the top contestants, Mthokozisi Ndaba was nowhere in sight.

He suddenly refused to attend the post-show press conference, the VIP prize-giving after party usually held in the Mardi Gras room at Carnival City, and declined to do any media interviews this week as he went to ground.

This past week Mthokozisi Ndaba remained cloistered in Johannesburg under the care of medical professionals after struggling to deal with his bitter defeat against winner Paxton Fielies.

Mthokozisi Ndaba’s manager, Kim Coppen, referred media enquiries to Mzansi Magic, saying the TV channel is responsible for his publicity until next week.

M-Net’s Mzansi Magic (DStv 161) channel that broadcast Idols told TVwithThinus earlier this week that the channel had no idea when Mthokozisi Ndaba from KwaMashu, Durban who has gone to ground, will be doing interviews, with all media appearances and interviews this week that abruptly got canned.

According to reports Mthokozisi Ndaba already said before the start of Sunday's finale that if he didn’t win, he wasn’t going to do media interviews.

After throwing open his life to the public and courting their attention, votes and engagement, he now wanted privacy.