Saturday, April 27, 2019

Letoya Makhene, allegedly tired of being 'micromanaged', out of SABC1's Generations as the latest actor to leave since the weekday local TV soap's 2014 relaunch.


Letoya Makhene is out of SABC1's Generations - The Legacy weekday soap as the latest actor to since the shutdown, and rejigged start-up in 2014 of the relaunched soap.

Letoya Makhene played the character of Tshidi Phakade that will exit the Morula Pictures produced soap during June 2019.

"I have loved every moment on Generations: The Legacy. This is such a bitter-sweet moment for me as I have come to love playing Tshidi Phakade. I will miss my colleagues and the friends I have made on the show. This is not goodbye, it's just, 'see you later'," says Letoya Makhene in a statement.

No reason for the actress' exit was provided by Morula Pictures.

According to sources, Letoya Makhene became tired of allegedly being "micromanaged and treated as an amateur so she decided to quit".

"Letoya Makhene is one of the most talented actresses I have worked with. She is highly professional and dedicated to her craft. We will miss her wit and sense of purpose," says Mfundi Vundla, Generations The Legacy executive producer, in a statement.