Sunday, January 6, 2019

Wendy Williams abruptly postpones her 2019 talk show return after 'less than stellar' Wendy Williams Show episodes and suffering pain from shoulder fracture.


The return of The Wendy Williams Show has been postponed with talk show host Wendy Williams announcing on Saturday that she won't be back on Monday 7 January but will instead return only a week later than planned on Monday 14 January due to "less than stellar" episodes before Christmas due to a shoulder injury and the pain she's been suffering.

"Wendy Williams will be returning with all-new episodes of The Wendy Williams Show on Monday 14 January 2019," Wendy Williams said in a post on her Instagram social media account on Saturday.

"After fracturing her shoulder, Wendy is on the mend and wants to return pain-free and be 200%, delivering the best show that millions of viewers tune-in to watch."

The decision was made late-Friday or Saturday, since a day earlier, on Friday 4 January in a now-deleted Instagram post, Wendy Williams still said "3 days until I'm back. New year means new shows. Make sure you tune-in on Monday."

In December, Wendy Williams who suffers from hyperthyroidism and Graves' disease that caused her to take some medical leave in February 2018, fell and suffered a hairline fracture in her right arm, forcing her to wear a sling.

The Wendy Williams Show is seen in South Africa and across Africa on BET (DStv 129) run by Viacom International Media Networks Africa (VIMN Africa).

The talk show ended in 2018 on 20 December following episodes with Wendy slurring her words, looking disconnected and disinterested in interviews with celebrities like Martha Stewart, barely standing, preferring to sit during segments during the last week on air, and no longer doing her customary side-door walk-in entrance.

On the last episode of 20 December Wendy Williams wrote on Instagram that "I sincerely apologize if you feel that today's show was less than stellar. I'm on your TV screens every day wanting to spread laughter, entertainment and cheer. As I reported earlier in the week, I have a hairline fracture on my upper arm, which hurts like hell".

Wendy Williams said "I've never taken a pain medication in my life (except when I got snatched over 20 years ago) until this week. I did that to power through and try to deliver a great show for you, against the better judgement of the many people around me who genuinely care for my well-being".

"I promise you a better Wendy in 2019. I will get some much-needed rest and healing over these next couple of weeks."