Friday, November 2, 2018

BREAKING. M-Net's third season of The Voice SA adds Anele Mdoda as new host.


The upcoming third season of The Voice South Africa on M-Net (DStv 101) is adding Anele Mdoda as the new host, replacing Lungile Radu.

The third season of The Voice SA will be broadcast from February 2019, with M-Net that will announce the coaches taking part in the third season next week.

For the third season the production and set is moving from Sasani Studios to Urban Brew Studios in Randburg.

"I can't believe I'm going to be the host of such a massive M-Net production," says Anele Mdoda in a statement.

"Since 1992 when my parents bought our first decoder, I've been dreaming of seeing myself on my favourite television channel. Best of all, talent shows, especially those that give South Africans a time to shine, are my thing!"

"I love, love, love The Voice. There is a very special camaraderie among the coaches, host and talent. Everyone does their best to make everyone else look and feel good. It's friendly, it's warm, it's me! I am truly blessed that M-Net is giving me this opportunity and am excited to be there when red chairs turn to change people's lives."

During the Blind Auditions of The Voice SA, Anele Mdoda will be in the wings to experience the talent's big moment with their friends and family. 

Lani Lombard, M-Net's head of publicity says "Anele has an extraordinary gift to make anyone feel at ease. We're honoured to be working with her on The Voice South Africa."

"She can chat up a storm, she's a good listener and she makes people laugh – and shed a tear – without even trying.  And she's spunky and fun. She does it one way, and that's the Anele Mdoda way".

Anele Mdoda previously presented Clash of the Choirs on Mzansi Magic and SA's Got Talent on SABC2, and was a contestant on SABC3's Strictly Come Dancing SA, after which she also hosted the Real Talk with Anele talk show on SABC3.

People who want to be a part of The Voice SA studio audience and attend the pre-recorded shows can visit mnet.tv/thevoice.