Friday, September 11, 2015

All Access Mzansi adds Mbali Nkosi, Nomzamo Mbatha and Anga Makubalo as presenters for reset entertainment magazine show.


I broke the news last month that All Access Mzansi will be returning to Mzansi Magic (DStv 161) for a third try, and now the new presenters for the entertainment and lifestyle magazine show has been announced: Mbali Nkosi, Nomzamo Mbatha and Anga Makubalo.

The reset show will this time be produced by Burnt Onion Productions and will start on Friday 25 September at 19:00 on Mzansi Magic (DStv 161).

None of the three have a pedigree as entertainment news reporters and none have experience of doing red carpet coverage or interviewing  personalities at lifestyle and entertainment events.


All Access Mzansi will now have to compete with a crowded field of entertainment news programming, ranging from Vuzu AMP's V Entertainment to BET's BET BUZZ, SABC3's  Top Billing, and E! Entertainment's E! News all vying for viewers' attention during a given week.

Viewers saw Mbali Nkosi as a contestant in Big Brother Mzansi: Double Trouble, soap actress Nomzamo Mbatha was seen in Isibaya and Anga Makubalo will be doing studio based interviews.

"When I came into the industry, I initially wanted to be a presenter. I feel that my acting career has prepared me for this amazing journey, All Access Mzansi is the perfect platform," says Anga Makubalo.

"This has been a long time coming for me, my hustle is finally paying off. I feel blessed and ready to take on this opportunity," says Mbali Nkosi.