Hlaudi Motsoeneng has not been suspended, nor fired after a scathing report from the Public Protector earlier this year implicating him in lying about his qualifications as well as maladiministration at the SABC and saying that "Hlaudi Motsoeneng should never have been appointed at the SABC".
Scandal erupted around the controversial Hlaudi Motsoeneng yet again following a litany of mind-boggling statements the matricless, second highest in charge executive at the SABC made at the Wits University's Joburg's Radio Days where he was a speaker on Thursday.
Hlaudi Motsoeneng called for the licensing of South African journalists and the regulation of the South African press so that journalists licences can be taken away.
The South African National Editors' Forum (Sanef) responded quickly, calling Hlaudi Motsoeneng ignorant and saying that it is "unfortunate that the remarks come from a high-ranking official of the public broadcaster, one of the biggest media houses in the country. The proposal is at odds with freedom of speech which is enshrined in the Constitution".
At the Joburg's Radio Days, Hlaudi Motsoeneng said SABC News will continue to do 70% of good news stories at the SABC, and said that the SABC is one of the best run organisations in the country".
Hlaudi Motsoeneng said that in order to undo the "brainwashing" that South Africa's journalism students receive at university's journalism schools, the SABC will be starting its own school to train journalists.