Wednesday, December 5, 2012

SABC: The official announcement of the signing of the broadcasting contract for Afcon 2013 is not the SABC's to be made.


Yesterday I reported that the official announcement of the contract for Afcon 2013 has been delayed for the third time in less than a week.

I reported that "the official announcement to be made by the SABC for Afcon 2013 has now been made three times, and cancelled three times".

The SABC called me today to tell me that the official announcement to confirm the broadcasting contract signing for Afcon 2013 between the South African public broadcaster and the Africa Cup of Nations is not the SABC's to be made.

Kaizer Kganyago, SABC spokesperson, told me that the SABC has no control over the official announcement and the scheduling of when that official confirmation will be made.