Thursday, May 17, 2012

eNews Channel working on a new on-air look and logo; main colour scheme to remain the same.


You're reading it here first. 

I can exclusively reveal that a makeover is in the works at the eNews Channel (DStv 403) and I can break the news that South Africa's only 24 hour news TV channel will roll out a new look soon as it aims to refresh its on-screen image.

I've been sitting on the news for longer than a month now when insiders first told me that a refreshing of the eNews Channel's on-air look, including the logo, is underway. Initial plans was for the new look of the eNews Channel to be rolled-out at the beginning of this month but it was pushed back (instead what did happen was the new weather graphics).

eNews Channel insiders already saw some preliminary ideas in April but stressed to me that it was only drafts. Most who saw some of it, didn't like it but what they were shown wasn't the end result. Simultaneously, other insiders told me that the plan for the new look isn't a radical departure. According to sources the blue, white and black colours will remain as will the theme music.

What apparently will be changing will be the logo, as will the opening segments of the branded news blocks during the day. I haven't been told a specific introduction or launch date for the new look, but I am tracking it and I thought it's time to just spill the news about what is in the works.