Friday, March 5, 2010

BREAKING. M-Net planning to air American Idol finals live in May.


You're reading it here first.

I can exclusively reveal that M-Net is planning to show the American Idol finals LIVE when the ninth season of American Idol enters the month of May.

Currently episodes are shown on a Sunday in South Africa. It seems CRAZY and UTTERLY IMPOSSIBLE since South Africa's primetime is hours ahead of America where the finals will also be going out on a different day of the week. Yet that appears to be what M-Net is now promising South African viewers in the brand-new on-air promo.

With the words flashing ''American Idol finals LIVE'' in the new on-air promo, M-Net says:
''In May things really start to heat up - only this time - (cue American Idol judge Randy Jackson: ''I was blown away'') - it's live on your screens.''

I've asked M-Net for clarification and any further information, the moment I hear anything, I will post it here.