Tuesday, July 7, 2020

No more Hope for Days of Our Lives as Kristian Alfonso is done with the American daytime soap after 37 years.


by Thinus Ferreira

Kristian Alfonso has exited the American daytime soap Days of Our Lives after 37 years and will not return to the studio when production restarts on September on the new season.

Kristian Alfonso has been a mainstay on the American daytime soap, with season 51 of Days of Our Lives currently seen on e.tv on weekdays at 16:45.

She has played the character of Hope Williams Brady since 1983 with just two breaks over the decades when she left in 1987 and returned in April 1990, and again left in July 1990 until 1994 when she returned again.

"I feel blessed and honoured to have been invited into people's homes for over 3 decades. However, it is now time for me to write my next chapter," Kristian Alfonso says in a statement about her exit.

"I will not be returning to Days when it resumes production in September. I've already filmed my last episode several months ago."

"Days of Our Lives has been a vital part of both my personal and professional journey. I am forever grateful to NBC and the late [co-creator] Betty Corday, who took a chance on me many years ago and changed my life."

"I have built some lifelong friendships with my extraordinarily talented castmates. Days has one of the hardest working crews in all of television, many of whom have become part of my extended family."

"Finally to the incredibly loyal fans of Days, many of you have been with me on this journey from the beginning. I cannot thank you enough for your generosity, love and support. I could not have done it without you."