Thursday, August 16, 2018

BREAKING. On the day of the Survivor SA: Phillipines finale, M-Net pulls contestant, Tevin Naidu from its Bachelor South Africa speed-dating campaign after offensive molestation comments.


On the day of M-Net's (DStv 101) Survivor South Africa: Philippines finale, the channel has dumped the contestant Tevin Naidu (24) from M-Net's The Bachelor South Africa speed-dating marketing campaign after his molestation comments.

The controversy follows after Tevin Naidu, the 6th person voted out of Survivor SA: Phillipines, posted an image of himself standing next to a woman saying "Find yourself someone who looks at you the way I look at her (like a molester who found his next victim)".

After a backlash he deleted the comment and switched his Instagram account to private.


Tevin Naidu, an intern at the King Edward VIII hospital in Durban and a former Mr South Africa India, then said "To everyone affected and offended by my social media post directly or indirectly, I would like to issue a formal apology to all of you. My post was made in jest and unfortunately - it lacked sensitivity, was completely distasteful, and offensive."

"I truly regret having posted what I did and I would like to categorically state that I had no malicious intentions. I can only ask that this unfortunate incident be put down to my lack of better judgement at the time."

"Molestation is clearly not an issue to be mixed with humor and I understand that the lack of judgement and error on my part has offended many people and I am truly sorry for this. I can only pray and hope that my indiscretion in this regard can be forgiven and my apology accepted."

M-Net told TVwithThinus that Tevin Naidu has been removed from its The Bachelor South Africa marketing campaign going forward with immediate effect and that involves speed-dating activations across the country.

M-Net says that the pay-TV channels supplier views his comments in a serious light and that he "will not be involved in the remainder of the campaign".

"M-Net does not condone any type of abuse, or references to it, in any context and viewed Tevin Naidu’s offensive Instagram comment in a serious light. Tevin was part of the initial marketing activities to recruit female contestants for the new dating show The Bachelor South Africa but will not be involved in the remainder of the campaign".