ITV Choice (DStv 123) has been forced to make an embarrassing U-turn on its announced "royal season" frontrunner programming leading up to the British royal wedding of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry, with ITV Choice yanking previously promised shows off of its schedule and pushing out the start of ITV Choice's special programming from 4 to 10 May.
ITV Choice will no longer broadcast Meghan: The First 100 Days (originally scheduled and announced for Thursday, May 10) or Harry and Meghan: In their Own Words (originally scheduled and announced for Friday, May11).
ITV Choice had to drop both shows due to ITV Choice running into "unavoidable international rights clearance issues".
ITV Choice is also pushing out its scheduled and previously announced "royal season" warm-up programming strand from Friday 4 May to Thursday 10 May.
The Meghan and Harry wedding programming on ITV Choice will now be:
- Thursday, 10 May: A Right Royal Quiz
- Friday, 11 May: A Very Royal Wedding
- Thursday, 17 May: Invitation to a Royal Wedding
- Friday, 18 May: Harry and Meghan: A Very Modern Romance
- Saturday, 19 May: The Royal Wedding (broadcast from 10:25)
- Thursday, 24 May and Friday, 25 May: The Royal Wives of Windsor