Thursday, November 24, 2011
TOLDJA! The lost Expedition Impossible on SABC3 (that's actually going to be on M-Net) replaced by Real Housewives on SABC3.
Exactly as TV with Thinus broke the news RIGHT HERE on Tuesday that SABC3 doesn't have the reality show Expedition Impossible the broadcaster claimed to have (and which will actually be starting in early February on M-Net) SABC3 just said that SABC3 will ''not be able to broadcast Expedition Impossible''.
In a highly embarrassing situation for SABC3, Expedition Impossible's Monday timeslot on Mondays during which SABC3 showed filler programming the past two weeks, The Real Housewives of Orange County will now start.
SABC3 is not giving reasons, just saying Expedition Impossible will no longer be broadcast ''for reasons beyond our control''. SABC3 in September said it had the show. M-Net now actually has Expedition Impossible.
The Real Housewives of Orange County will be followed by Survivor Samoa starting on SABC3 on 23 January.
SABC3 still expected, and waited for the video cassettes for Expedition Impossible to arrive earlier this week. SABC3 had no idea that the broadcasting rights went to M-Net. SABC3 still ran on-air promos and sponsor adverts by RCS for Expedition Impossible until yesterday that was not yet pulled off air.
SABC3 haven't yet responded to media enquiries I made on Tuesday as to what happened and resulted in SABC3 losing Expedition Impossible, but said on Tuesday it would respond by latest yesterday.