Tuesday, December 21, 2010

BREAKING. e.tv's weather anchor Derek van Dam heading to South America for the Christmas holiday.


You're reading it here first.

Where will the best-dressed dude on South African television be spending Christmas? Try South America. I ran into e.tv's Derek van Dam earlier this evening in the Cape Town production offices of e.tv just as he was finishing up and as I was ready to talk about TV and the year in review with Jeremy Maggs of News Night on the eNews Channel (DStv 403).

Derek van Dam told me he's getting to jet off to South America for a holiday. Of course he's been to Swaziland and other parts of Africa, Europe and Asia the last few years.

What I can tell you is that Derek van Dam will be visiting numerous South American countries and cities, from Rio de Janeiro, Santiago, Buenos Aires and even go as far down as Patagonia. I asked him what country's stamp he doesn't yet have in his passport. He just smiled.