Wednesday, September 15, 2010

TOLDJA! Animal Planet confirms that cat dude and big animal expert Dave Salmoni is on a South African safari.


File it under toldja's: The Animal Planet (DStv 264) just officially confirmed the news that I was first to tell RIGHT HERE yesterday: that Dave Salmoni is visiting South Africa for a few days. 

Yesterday afternoon I told you that the star of Animal Planet shows such as Into the Lion's Den currently on Mondays at 20:05 on the channel (and next month in Into the Pride and Rogue Nature) got down and dirty with some baby elephants at the Glen Afric lodge.

''I'm really excited to be back in South Africa - a place I regard as my second home,'' says Dave Salmoni in the press release. ''Every time I come here I'm struck by the incredible opportunity South African have to understand - and as a result protect their amazing wildlife. That's something I'm really passionate about and hope to convey to viewers through the shows being broadcast as part of Animal Planet's Heroes Season.''

Dave Salmoni's new show World's Deadliest Towns should be broadcast in South Africa in 2011.